Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Blakely Family Update

Hey Everyone-

Just wanted to write and give a quick update on how well everyone is doing. Cason has adapted well to his new kidney and is full of energy and laughter. He is so full of life and has even discovered how to throw a fit (maybe Nona passed that along with the new kidney!). Jackson is doing great, too! It has been so much fun all playing together and being able to be at home and get back in a routine. Tonight we will be headed to Atlanta to stay because tomorrow we have to be at Egleston at 6:00am for Cason to have his stent removed. It should be a fairly simple and quick procedure, so please pray that Cason does great! Thanks so much to The Pearson's for letting us use their apartment.

Please also continue to pray for Nona. She is recovering well, but not quite as fast as Cason. She will be returning to work the first of March, so pray that she will be able to pick back up with her work schedule and have the energy and strength that she will need.

Also, I have been having some problems with my knee. About a month ago I noticed a big swollen, lump of fluid behind my incision. It really never went away so I went back to the doctor. He put me in a brace and told me to work out my knee to test it a little. I did and the fluid came back, so yesterday I went back for a recheck. He gave me a Cortisone shot and told me that he thinks that my joint lining may have been nicked during surgery. Please pray that this shot will dry up the fluid permanently and that the tear will heal. If this doesn't work, I am not sure what the next step is...I am sure that it probably won't be good. I go back for a recheck in two weeks. Thanks for your prayers.

B.G. is doing great too! He just started a guys Bible Study on Tuesday mornings and he has really enjoyed being back at work. We all had fun last week celebrating his 30th birthday. Thank you for all of the sweet messages you sent him! Thanks so much for everyone's continued prayers. We really appreciate all of your support.

We Love Y'all-
B.G. and Tricia
http://blakelyfamilyblog.blogspot.com/
http://www.cotaforcasonb.com/

No comments: