Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Night Before...............

Jackson got dropped off at Big Daddy's and Gigi's house today and he was thrilled about staying with them. They have lots of exciting things planned for him. I know that he is going to have a blast! Thanks Big Daddy and Gigi!

We got to Egleston today at about 4:00. They had a room ready for us and Cason was flirting and showing off for all of the nurses. They hooked him up to fluids, feeds, and did some more routine blood. Cason even had to pee in a cup, and he did it!

The Blakelys came by to visit us tonight and it was exciting and emotional thinking about all that is about to happen. We are so thankful for Beverly and for all of our family and friends. We feel your prayers!

Beverly will begin prep for surgery at 5:30 and should begin around 7:30, her procedure should last about 2 hours. Then Cason will start at about 10:00 and end around 4:00. Of course, this is all approximate and things could change depending on how things go. He will go to ICU for about 4 days and the into a regular room for probably 10 days. We covet your prayers and appreciate all that everyone has done for our family. We love you. It's so exciting to see this miracle that we have been praying about for so long come to fruition.

"To God be the Glory"







5 comments:

Pruiksma's Progress said...

BG and Tricia,

How excited and nervous you must be all at the same time!! Your unwavering faith has been such a testimony to me and I know others around you! Please know that we are praying for you and your family these next few weeks!! May our great God of hope and peace surround you with His grace and mercy!!!
Much Love,
LeighAnn for the Pruiksma's

Dianne said...

Wow, y'all. I can't even imagine how excited and emotional you must be because I know I am. I know God will honor all the prayers that have been and will be offered on your behalf. This is a great post and sweet pictures, but ending it with 'To God be he Glory' brought your mom (and tears!) to mind in a big way, as I know you have thought of her as well. She loved this little guy and prayed so hard for him all the time. I'm proud of you both and am praying for God's best. I love you all!

Unknown said...

It's 7:09am...I am on my knees in tearful prayer for both Beverly and Cason. I am overwhelmed with emotion. And yes, God will be glorified in a big way!

Cheri Coggin

Lane Wike said...

Hey Mommy, Daddy and Cason,

I am thinking of ya'll while playing with Lincoln Logs and watching Charlotte's Web. Don't worry about me, I am having fun, just take care of my little brother.

Love you,
Jackson

P.S. Miss Lane helped me with this.

The Blakelys said...

Dear Jackson,
I am still in surgery, the doctors are working really hard to make me feel better. I am glad that you are having a fun time. I miss you! see ya soon.

Cason

p.s. Mommy and Daddy are doing great. We love you!